Director of Youth Ministry
Please send all inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To develop and coordinate all aspects of the Youth Ministry (Grades 6-12) for the purpose of helping students become committed followers of Jesus Christ. To provide a safe, appropriately-staffed, and well-supplied environment that will encourage Christian learning and spiritual growth.
The Director of Youth Ministry must be a follower of Jesus Christ, creative, a team player, organized, invested in the daily lives of the students, and demonstrate community involvement.
- Develop and oversee all aspects of the Youth Ministry (including Sunday School, Youth Group, Special Events, and annual Mission Trip).
- Work with the Senior Pastor to develop yearly personal and program goals.
- Recruit knowledgeable and caring teachers and volunteers for Sunday School, Youth Group, Events & Mission Trips.
- Schedule, train, and supervise all teachers and volunteers.
- Initiate and maintain Safe Sanctuary information and training per Safe Sanctuary guidelines.
- Develop and/or order the curriculum and supplies for all activities.
- Actively plan and participate in the youth mission trip.
- Incorporate the youth within the ministries of the church.
- Plan and organize service opportunities and creative missional outreach into the community.
- Lead a Confirmation class every other year with the assistance of the Senior Pastor.
- Supply the Office Administrator with information to promote all aspects of the youth ministry.
- Plan and organize a calendar of all events for the program year
- Maintain clear and consistent communication (via email, social media, etc) with teachers, volunteers, students, and parents about upcoming programs and events.
- Track and submit the attendance of all participants in the youth program to the Office Administrator.
- Manage the budgets for the youth ministry and the youth mission trip.
- Plan and oversee fundraisers to supplement existing budgets.
- Network with other youth ministries, churches, and organizations.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Meet with the Senior Pastor once a month.
- All other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
This position works closely with and is supervised by the Senior Pastor. The Senior Pastor will evaluate the performance of the Director of Youth Ministry at least once annually. T he leadership Team will review the evaluation.
- Faith in Jesus Christ.
- A minimum of a high school diploma. Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Successfully pass a background check.
- Experience working with youth.
- Experience working with volunteers.
A part-time position with an average of 20 hours per week, the total number of hours worked in a given week is flexible as needed for specific programming.
The salary range for this position is: $15,000-$20,000, depending upon experience and qualifications, as approved by the Leadership Team.
Continuing education reimbursement as requested with amount determined and approved by Leadership Team.