Oxford United Methodist Church currently has two open positions. Those interested in applying or hearing more about these positions are encouraged to contact Pastor Caleb Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the church office at (513) 523-5115.
Directory of Youth and College Ministries
Oxford UMC is looking to hire a Director of Youth and College Ministries.
To develop and coordinate all aspects of the Youth Ministry (Grades 7-12) and the College Ministry for the purpose of helping students become committed followers of Jesus Christ. To provide a safe, appropriately-staffed, and well-supplied environment that will encourage Christian learning and spiritual growth.
The Director of Youth & College Ministries must be a follower of Jesus Christ, creative, a team-player, organized, invested in daily lives of the students, and demonstrate community/campus involvement.
- Develop and oversee all aspects of Youth and College Ministries
- Recruit knowledgeable and caring teachers and volunteers for both ministries
- Schedule, train, and supervise all teachers and volunteers
- Explore creative ministry opportunities with youth and college students
- Develop and/or order the curriculum and supplies for all classes
- Actively plan and participate in an annual youth mission trip
- Plan and organize service opportunities and creative missional outreach into the community
- Lead a Confirmation class every other year for students in 7 th & 8 th grades
- Supply the Office Administrator with information to promote all aspects of these ministry areas
- Initiate and maintain Safe Sanctuary information and training per Safe Sanctuary guidelines.
- Maintain clear and consistent communication (via email, social media, etc) with teachers, volunteers, students, and parents about upcoming events.
- Plan and organize a calendar of all events for the program year
- Incorporate the youth and college students in ministries within the church
- Track and submit attendance of all participants in the youth and college programs
- Manage the budgets for both ministries
- Network with other churches, campus ministries, organizations
- Meet with staff/senior pastor once a week.
- Meet with Youth/College ministries committee regularly
- All other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
This position works closely with and is supervised by the Senior Pastor. The Senior Pastor, with the Director of Youth and College Ministries input, will evaluate this position at least once annually. Leadership Team will review the evaluation.
- Faith in Jesus Christ.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college/university
- Experience working with youth and college students
- Experience working with volunteers
A full-time position with an average of 40 hours per week, the total number of hours worked in a given week are flexible as needed for specific programming. Remuneration: Salary recommended annually by Leadership Team and depending upon experience and qualifications