On-street parking is available on Church, Poplar, and High Streets.
Off-street parking denoted with a P is available in the alley behind the church, in in the city lot on Main and Church Streets, and in the back of the McCullough-Hyde Hospital employee parking lot on Poplar Street.
Oxford UMC wants to be a community that:
- Adores and serves the Risen Christ, our Lord.
- Reads Scripture together, and roots ourselves in the power of God’s Word.
- Seeks the value in having relationships with, learning from, and helping one another, young and old.
- Sees cultural difference as an essential feature of God's Kingdom, and to cherish it.
- Seeks opportunities to grow and serve our community together.
- Cares for, prays, and supports one another as we fulfill the Law of Christ.
Questions about Oxford UMC? Send them to email@example.com and let us know!
Daniel is a book about faithfulness. But this faithfulness doesn’t come easy. Daniel teaches us how to remain firm in one’s devotion to God in the midst of hopelessness. Many of us know the stories about the lion’s den and the fiery furnace from Sunday School. But do we know what those stories were really trying to tell us? Do we know that Daniel is actually instructing us both in our faithfulness to God AND resistance to those consumed with power and control?
For 12 weeks, we will be going through the Book of Daniel to learn what it means to be faithful during the difficult circumstances of life. Daniel is a book about devotion and faithfulness to God, as many of our Sunday School lessons taught us. But it is also a book about resistance (non-violent) and commitment. Join us as we learn powerful truths from Daniel about the nature of faithfulness to God and purposeful resistance to evil and injustice (in whatever form they take) through our study of the Book of Daniel.
|August 20, 2023||Daniel 1||
|August 27, 2023||Daniel 2||
|September 3, 2023||Daniel 3||
|September 10, 2023||Daniel 4||
|September 17, 2023||Daniel 5||
|September 24, 2023||Daniel 6||